Concept Question 1 (Dartmouth)
Two cars take trips. Each car is equipped with a recording speedometer that graphs the
cars speed as a function of time. The areas under the two graphs are the same. What
can we conclude?
- The two trips took the same amount of time.
- The two cars traveled the same total distance as measured by their odometers.
- The two cars traveled the same average speed.
- The starting and ending points of the two trips were the same distance apart.
- We cant conclude anything unless we know whether the two trips took the same
amount of time.
Next Concept Question
Concept Question index
Contributors: M. Groszek/D. Mook
Institution: Dartmouth University
Target Audience: Calculus Students